Trading hours Japan
Are you looking for an exotic stock exchange to invest in? Then the Japanese stock exchange could be interesting. But what are the trading hours of the Japanese stock exchange? And when can you trade in the Nikkei? On this page you can read all about it!
What are the opening hours of the Japanese stock exchange?
Are you curious about the opening hours of the Japanese stock exchange? Below you can see when the Japanese stock exchange opens and closes:
- The Japanese stock exchange is open from 9:00 to 15:00 local time.
- The Japanese stock exchange is open from ##T|00:00## to ##T|06:00## your time.
At the Japanese stock exchange there is a break for lunch. The stock exchange closes between 11:30 and 12:30 local time. You see in many Asian countries that the stock exchanges temporarily close for lunch.
For many investment products there are also night sessions. This applies to index futures, equity options and JGB futures. Below you can see when these markets are opened in Japan:
When does the Japan Stock Exchange open/close?
In the timer below you can see when the stock exchange will open or close again. This way you are always ready for a new trading session!
On which days is the Japanese stock exchange closed?
You regularly see the Japanese stock exchange closing. Below you can see on which days the Japanese stock exchanges close:
- 1 January – 3 January because of New Year’s Day
- 11 January because of old age day
- 11 February because of national day
- 23 February because of the emperor’s birthday
- 20 March because of Vernal Equinox
- 29 April because of Showa day
- 3 May because of custody day
- 4 May because of Greenery day
- 5 May because of Children’s Day
- 19 July because of Navy Day
- 11 August because of mountain day
- 10 August 2020 because of mountain day
- 20 September because of old age day
- 23 September because of Autumnal Equinox
- 11 October because of sports day
- 3 November because of culture day
- 23 November because of Workers’ day
- 31 December because of New Year’s Eve
- 1 January 2020 – 3 January 2020 because of New Year’s Day
- 13 January 2020 because of old age day
- 11 February 2020 because of national day
- 24 February 2020 because of the emperor’s birthday
- 20 March 2020 because of Vernal Equinox
- 29 April 2020 because of Showa day
- 4 May 2020 because of Greenery Day
- 5 May 2020 because of Accession Day
- 6 May 202 because of consignment day
- 23 June 2020 because of Navy Day
- 24 July 2020 because of sports day
- 10 August 2020 because of mountain day
- 21 September 2020 because of old age day
- 22 September 2020 because of Autumnal Equinox
- 3 November 2020 because of Culture Day
- 23 November 2020 because of Workers’ Day
- 31 December 2020 because of New Year’s Eve
There are many special holidays at the Japanese stock exchange. Moreover, it can be decided to close the stock exchange when a negative event takes place. The aim of this is to prevent a complete crash.
When does the Nikkei open?
The Nikkei or Nikkei 225 is the most important stock index of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The index follows the developments of 225 shares listed on the stock exchange. The index gives a good picture of the development of the Japanese stock market.
The opening hours of the Nikkei are the same as those of the regular stock exchange: from 9:00 to 15:00 local time. Converted to your own time zone this means the Nikkei is open from ##T|00:00## to ##T|06:00##. If you want to trade in futures at the Nikkei, you can also do so until the late hours. For example, you can trade index futures from 16:30 to 17:30 at night.
More and more people are choosing to invest in the land of the rising sun. Are you considering this? Then first look at which brokers you can trade most advantageously in the Japanese index or shares:
What currency is used on the Japanese stock exchange?
Shares on the Japanese stock exchange are traded in the Japanese Yen. Please note that your investment may decrease in value as your currency strengthens in relation to the currency of Japan.
Where can you find the Japan Stock Exchange?
The Japan Stock Exchange can be found in Tokyo which is the capital of Japan. You can visit the website of the stock exchange here. The full address details are here:
2-1 Nihombashi KabutochoChuo-kuTokyo 103-8224, Japan
You can also reach the stock exchange via email@example.com or +81 3-3666-1361.