Trading hours NASDAQ
The NASDAQ is one of the best-known stock exchanges in America. But when did it actually open? And at what time does the NASDAQ close again? On this page you can find the NASDAQ trading hours converted to your own time zone!
When will NASDAQ open?
The NASDAQ opens at 9:30 American time and closes at 16:00 American time. This means that you can invest in shares on the NASDAQ from ##T|14:30## until ##T|21:00## in your time zone.
Pre-stock exchange or pre-market times NASDAQ
At many brokers, you can already invest in the pre-market NASDAQ. The times for this are from 4:00 to 9:30 in the morning. It is important to remember that the spreads during the pre-hours are often wider because of the low trading volume.
Even after closing, you can still invest on the NASDAQ at many brokers. The times for this are from 16:00 to 20:00 in the evening. The transaction costs can also be higher because of the low volume.
When does the NASDAQ open/close?
In the timer below you can see when the stock exchange will open or close again. This way you are always ready for a new trading session!
On which days does the NASDAQ close
On special holidays the NASDAQ closes. Below you can see on which days the trading activities at the NASDAQ come to a halt:
- New Year’s Day (1 January)
- Martin Luter King Junior day (18 January)
- Washington Birthday (15 February)
- Good Friday (2 April)
- Memorial Day (31 May)
- Independence Day (5 July)
- Labor day (6 September)
- Thanksgiving Day (25 November)
- Market Holiday (26 November)
- Christmas Day (24 December)
- New Year’s Day (1 January 2020)
- Martin Luter King’s day (20 January 2020)
- President’s day (17 February 2020)
- Good Friday (10 April 2020)
- Memorial day (25 May 2020)
- Independence Day (3 July 2020)
- Labor day (7 September 2020)
- Thanksgiving (26 November 2020)
- Early closure (27 November 2020) – from 1:00 p.m. local time, 7:00 p.m. Dutch time
- Christmas Eve (24 December 2020) – from 1:00 p.m. local time, 7:00 p.m. Dutch time
- Christmas Day (25 December 2020)
It goes without saying that the NASDAQ can also be closed unexpectedly. This happens, for example, after a shocking event. The aim of the closure is then to prevent a total crash of the markets.
Where can you trade in NASDAQ?
Are you curious about the brokers where you can trade the cheapest shares listed on NASDAQ? Then take a look at the overview of the cheapest lots below: