Trading hours Dow Jones
The Dow Jones or Dow Jones Industrial Average is the longest existing stock index in America. It was once founded by a few editors of the Wall Street Journal. The Dow is an index that follows the 30 major American companies. But what are the opening hours of the stock exchanges associated with the Dow Jones? Here you can read about the opening and closing hours of the Dow Jones.
When does the Dow Jones open?
The American stock exchanges open at 9:30 local time. This means the Dow Jones opens at ##T|14:30## and closes at ##T|14:30##.
What are the closing times of the Dow Jones?
The American stock exchanges close at 16:00. The Dow Jones closes at ##T|21:00## in your time zone.
In the timer below you can see when the Dow Jones will open or close again. This way you are always ready for a new trading session!
On what day does the Dow Jones close?
There are also days when you can’t invest in the Dow Jones at all. This is because the stock exchanges close on certain days. Below is an overview of the dates on which the exchanges close:
- New Year’s Day (1 January)
- Martin Luter King Junior day (18 January)
- Washington Birthday (15 February)
- Good Friday (2 April)
- Memorial Day (31 May)
- Independence Day (5 July)
- Labor day (6 September)
- Thanksgiving Day (25 November)
- Market Holiday (26 November)
- Christmas Day (24 December)
- New Year’s Day (1 January 2020)
- Martin Luter King Junior day (20 January 2020)
- Washington Birthday (17 February 2020)
- Good Friday (10 April 2020)
- Memorial Day (25 May 2020)
- Independence Day (3 July 2020)
- Labor day (7 September 2020)
- Thanksgiving Day (26 November 2020)
- Christmas Day (25 December 2020)
Investing in the Dow Jones yourself?
Would you like to invest in the Dow Jones yourself? You can do so by buying an index fund, for example. In the article about investing in the Dow Jones, you will learn exactly how to do this. Use the button below to read more about this:
When I was 16, I secretly bought my first stock. Since that ‘proud moment’ I have been managing trading.info for over 10 years. It is my goal to educate people about financial freedom. After my studies business administration and psychology, I decided to put all my time in developing this website. Since I love to travel, I work from all over the world. Click here to read more about trading.info! Don’t hesitate to leave a comment under this article.