Trading hours stock Exchange Taiwan
Taiwan and China are in turmoil. So far, however, Taiwan has managed to continue to operate as an independent party. Precisely because of this independence, Taiwan is succeeding in building a strong economy. You, too, can invest in this economy. The Taiwan Stock Exchange in Taipei is the gateway to an investment in this country. But what are the opening hours of the Taiwan Stock Exchange and on which days does the stock exchange close?
What are the trading hours of the Taiwanese stock exchange?
Below you can see at what time the Taiwan Stock Exchange opens:
- The Taiwan Stock Exchange opens at 9:00 and closes at 17:30 local time.
- The Taiwan Stock Exchange opens at ##T|1:00## and closes at ##T|5:30## your time.
When does the Taiwan Stock Exchange open/close?
In the timer below you can see when the stock exchange will open or close again. This way you are always ready for a new trading session!
On which days is the Taiwan Stock Exchange closed?
The Taiwan Stock Exchange closes every weekend. There are also special public holidays on which the exchange closes. Below you can clearly see on which days investing in Taiwan is not possible:
- 1 January – New Year’s Day
- 10 February Market holiday
- 11-15 February – Chinese New Year
- 1 March – peace day
- 2-5 April – Qingming Festival
- 30 April & 1 May – Labour Day
- 14 June – Dragon Boat Festival
- 20-21 September – Mid-autumn Festival
- 11 October – bank holiday
- 31 December – New Year
- 1 January 2020 – New Year’s Day
- 24 January 2020 – Chinese New Year
- 24-29 January 2020 – Chinese New Year
- 28 February 2020 – peace day
- 3 April 2020 – Children’s day
- 4 April 2020 – Qingming Festival
- 1 May 2020 – Labour Day
- 25 June 2020 – Dragon Boat Festival
- 9 & 10 October 2020 – national day
Investing in Taiwan yourself?
You can also choose to invest in Taiwan yourself. Many online brokers offer access to Taiwan’s markets. With eToro you can invest in shares without paying commissions. Use the button to directly open a free demo:Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply. For more information, visit etoro.com/trading/fees.
What currency is used on the Taiwan Stock Exchange?
Shares on the Taiwanese stock exchange are traded in the Taiwanese dollar. Please note that your investment may decrease in value as your currency strengthens in relation to Taiwan’s currency.
Where can you find the Taiwan Stock Exchange?
The Taiwanese Stock Exchange can be found in Taipei which is the capital of Taiwan. You can visit the website of the stock exchange here. The full address details are here:
Taiwan Stock Exchange, No. 7, Section 5Xinyi Road, Xinyi DistrictTaipei City, Taiwan 110
You can also reach the stock exchange via firstname.lastname@example.org or +886 2 2366 8053.