Buy Alipay shares (2023): is it possible to invest in Alipay?
Alipay is China’s largest payment service. It can therefore be smart to invest in Alipay by buying & selling its stocks. In this article, you can read how to invest in Alipay shares.
How to buy Alipay stocks?
At the time of writing, Alipay is still part of Alibaba. However, the Chinese government plans to split Alipay from Alibaba. You can invest in Alipay at the following stockbrokers:
|Buy Alipay without commissions. Your capital is at risk. Other fees may apply.|
|Benefit from low fees, an innovative platform & high security!|
|Speculate with CFD's on increasing & decreasing prices of Alipay! 86% of retail CFD accounts lose money.|
|Invest in Alipay for as low as €0,99.|
|Invest in IPO's & receive up to 3% in interest!|
When you buy Alibaba stocks, it is important to examine their other businesses as well. After all, besides Alipay’s results, these will also determine the price performance.
- Collaborations with partners: Alipay works with various partners, which enables the company to attract an increasing number of costumers. Various banks and shops promote Alipay’s payment options.
- Dominant position in China: Alipay processes over 50% of online payment traffic and also benefits from the country’s booming e-commerce industry.
- Financial products: Alipay is more than just a payment provider. For example, you can also buy insurance or borrow money with Alipay.
- Profitable: unlike many other Chinese technology companies, Alipay is profitable.
What are the risks of investing in Alipay?
- Government regulation: the Chinese government is not a fan of the fintech sector and restricts Alipay’s growth.
- Competition: competition for online payment processing is also very competitive in China. Tencent is a formidable competitor, and more and more banks are also introducing their applications.
- Limited reach: Alipay generates almost all its revenue in China, which makes the company heavily dependent on economic and political developments in this market.
- Specific niche: Alipay only makes money by offering financial services. When this niche isn’t doing well, the stock may perform poorly.
Alipay is a Chinese payment processor founded in 2004 by the Alibaba Group. The company is headquartered in Hangzhou.
Alipay has since become an all-round financial provider. In addition to payments, the company offers investments and insurance services.
Will Alipay go public?
There is a good chance that Alipay will split from Alibaba and go public in the future. This is because the Chinese government wants to split these companies. With 700 million monthly users, Alipay could be an interesting investment.
- Step 1: open an account with a reliable stockbroker.
- Step 2: deposit money into your share account from your bank account.
- Step 3: select Alipay within the trading software.
- Step 4: enter the amount you want to invest and press buy.
Should you buy Alipay stocks or not?
Buying Alipay shares can be a smart move: due to the company’s dominant position in the Chinese market, Alipay makes a lot of money. At the same time, it is important to consider the biggest risks. Competition in China is growing, and the Chinese government is increasingly cracking down on companies holding a ‘monopoly position’. It is therefore essential to study the risks carefully when considering an investment in Alipay shares.
Try trading risk free?