Stock exchange trading hours Singapore
Great things come in small packages is an expression that suits Singapore only too well. This small city state is doing very well economically. Also, the country has a very high average life expectancy and its facilities are of a high standard. An investment in Singapore can therefore turn out well. But what are the opening hours of the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) and on which days does the stock exchange close temporarily?
What are the trading hours of the Singapore Stock Exchange?
The Singapore stock exchange is open on most days of the week. But what are the exact times when you can invest on this country’s stock exchange?
- The Singapore Stock Exchange is open from 9:00 to 17:00 local time.
- The Singapore Stock Exchange is open from ##T|1:00## to ##T|9:00## local time.
When does the Singapore Stock Exchange open/close?
In the timer below you can see when the stock exchange will open or close again. This way you are always ready for a new trading session!
On which days does the Singapore Stock Exchange close?
The Singapore stock exchange or SGX is not open all year round. Below is an overview of the special holidays on which the stock exchange is closed:
- 1 January – New Year’s Day
- 11-12 February – Chinese New Year
- 2 April – Good Friday
- 13 may – Eid al-Adha
- 26 May – Vesak day
- 20 July – Eid al-Adha
- 9 August – National day (open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- 4 November – market holiday
- 24 & 25 December – Christmas
- 31 December – New Year (open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- 1 January 2020 – New Year’s Day
- 27 January 2020 – Chinese New Year
- 10 April 2020 – Good Friday
- 1 May 2020 – Labour Day
- 7 May 2020 – Vesak Day
- 31 July 2020 – Eid al-Adha
- 10 August 2020 – National Day
- 14 November 2020 – Deepavali
- 24 & 25 December 2020 – Christmas
- 31 December 2020 – New Year
As you can see, there are quite a few special holidays on which the Singapore Stock Exchange closes. There are also three days when the Singapore Stock Exchange closes earlier. The stock exchange closes at 12:00 local time:
- 24 January 2020 – Chinese New Year
- 24 December 2020 – Christmas
- 31 December 2020 – New Year
It is important to take into account the closing days of the stock exchange. This can be particularly expensive in the case of investments in derivatives. You often pay financing costs for each day the investment is open.
Do you want to invest in Singapore yourself?
Do you want to invest in Singapore yourself? That is possible! Modern online brokers make it possible to buy shares worldwide. You can easily combine Australian shares, Belgian shares and shares from Singapore. With eToro you can invest in Singaporean shares without paying commissions. Use the button below to open a free demo directly:Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply. For more information, visit etoro.com/trading/fees.
What currency is used on the Singapore stock exchange?
Shares on the Singapore stock exchange are traded in the Singapore dollar. Please note that your investment may decrease in value as your currency strengthens in relation to Singapore’s currency.
Where can you find the Singapore Stock Exchange?
The Singapore Stock Exchange is located in Singapore’s only city. You can visit the website of the stock exchange here. The full address details are here:
2 Shenton Way#02-02 SGX Centre 1Singapore 068804
You can also reach the stock exchange via firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6535 7511.