How to buy UPS shares (2023)? – Invest in UPS
UPS is a well-known American package delivery company. If more packages are being sent, it may be interesting to buy UPS stocks. In this article, we discuss how to best invest in UPS & you can also check the latest stock price here.
How can you buy UPS stocks?
An investment in UPS can also be attractive in the long term. When you buy UPS stocks, it is important to investigate the company’s financial situation. Do you think the revenue can continue to grow in the future? Then it may be wise to buy UPS stocks.
You can buy and sell UPS shares at the following brokers:
|Buy UPS without commissions. Your capital is at risk. Other fees may apply.|
|Speculate with CFD's on increasing & decreasing prices of UPS! 82% of retail CFD accounts lose money.|
|Benefit from low fees, an innovative platform & high security!|
|Speculate on price increases and decreases of UPS with a free demo!|
UPS benefits from the growing popularity of e-commerce. When you want to invest in UPS, it is wise to analyze how many people order products through the internet. If e-commerce continues to grow, UPS can benefit from it. It can then be attractive to invest in UPS by buying stocks.
What is the stock price of UPS?
Company data of UPS
Below are the main company data of UPS.
Analysis of UPS
Before deciding whether to buy or sell UPS, it is important to analyze the stock thoroughly. In the overview below, you can see how UPS has developed over the past period.
Stock prices of the last 5 days
In the table below, you can see the stock prices of UPS of the last 5 days:
What will the UPS stock price do in 2023?
Are you curious about what analysts think UPS will do in 2023 and the years thereafter? Using data from Alpha Vantage, we have combined the forecasts of analysts. Don’t forget that this number is just a prediction of the UPS stock price and this prediction doesn’t necessarily have to come true. Always do your own research!
Why can it be interesting to buy UPS stocks?
- Strong position: UPS has built up a strong position in the logistics sector and is active in various industries.
- Different sources of income: UPS has different sources of income. In addition to package delivery, UPS also makes money, for example, with supply chain management and freight services.
- Strong reputation: UPS has a good reputation and emphasizes innovation. This allows the company to respond to customer needs.
What are the risks of investing in UPS stocks?
- Economy dependent: when the economy is doing poorly, people send fewer packages. This can also put pressure on UPS’s business results.
- Regulations: changes in regulations related to the environment and payments for couriers can also put pressure on UPS’s business results.
- Dependent on large customers: a large portion of UPS’s revenue comes from a few large customers. Companies like Amazon are trying to make courier services like UPS unnecessary by launching their own alternatives.
- Technology: technology is developing rapidly, so UPS must invest more and more in technology to keep up with the competition.
How to invest in UPS?
- Open an account with a broker: compare different stockbrokers and open an account with a provider where you can buy and sell UPS shares.
- Deposit funds into your investment account: then deposit money into your stock account using your credit card or bank account.
- Research the stock: study the financial data of UPS. How does the business model work and how is the stock price performing?
- Plan your investment: do you want to buy UPS shares directly or wait until the price reaches a certain value?
- Open your investment: now enter the amount you want to invest and click buy to send the order directly to the stock market.
In 2019, the company United Parcel Service, primarily known as UPS, delivered more than 6 billion packages. The globally active company delivers packages to 219 countries. UPS is the oldest and largest courier company in the world.
In addition to package delivery, customers can also outsource logistics processes to UPS. The company has 500 planes and 120,000 vehicles that can transport goods quickly around the world.
History of the company
In 1907, 19-year-old James Casey founded the “American Messenger Company” in Seattle. When the company moved to Oakland in 1919, the name of the company was changed to “United Parcel Service.” From 1919, the company also began using the typical and patented brown color “Pullman Brown.”
Germany is the first country outside of America where UPS becomes active in 1976. The company’s European headquarters are located in Brussels, Belgium.
The company goes public
The company UPS, which was fully owned by management until 1991, went public in New York in 1991. Initially, only 10% of the shares were publicly traded, but today all shares are tradable.
Is it wise to invest in UPS?
UPS is a company that benefits when it delivers a large number of packages. The fixed costs can then be spread over a larger number of packages. When considering an investment in UPS, it is wise to monitor the development of the demand for deliveries.
There are also threats to investments in UPS: the company’s biggest competitor is FedEx. Both companies have their own expertise: UPS mainly delivers to small businesses and consumers, while FedEx excels in the fast delivery of sensitive documents.
Another risk for UPS is the growth of Amazon; this company plans to transport packages around the world with its own airplanes. If the volume of e-commerce companies decreases because they handle delivery themselves, this could put pressure on the profitability of UPS shares. It is important to take this into account when considering an investment in UPS.
Ultimately, it is important to make a personal consideration. Does UPS fit within the risk profile of your investment portfolio? Then you can definitely consider an investment.
When I was 16, I secretly bought my first stock. Since that ‘proud moment’ I have been managing trading.info for over 10 years. It is my goal to educate people about financial freedom. After my studies business administration and psychology, I decided to put all my time in developing this website. Since I love to travel, I work from all over the world. Click here to read more about trading.info! Don’t hesitate to leave a comment under this article.