How to buy Harley-Davidson shares (2023)?
Harley-Davidson is a well-known American motorcycle manufacturer. The motorcycles are also internationally known, which makes it porentially interesting to buy their shares. In this article, we will discuss how to invest in Harley-Davidson stocks.
Do you have confidence in the future of Harley-Davidson? Then it may be wise to invest in Harley-Davidson shares for the long term. In the table below, you can see an overview of the best stockbrokers:
|Buy Harley-Davidson without commissions. Your capital is at risk. Other fees may apply.|
|Speculate with CFD's on increasing & decreasing prices of Harley-Davidson! 82% of retail CFD accounts lose money.|
|Benefit from low fees, an innovative platform & high security!|
|Speculate on price increases and decreases of Harley-Davidson with a free demo!|
What is the stock price of Harley-Davidson?
Are you curious about how the stock price of Harley-Davidson develops? In the chart below, you can see at what price you can buy Harley-Davidson shares:
Company data of Harley-Davidson
Below, you can find the key company data of Harley-Davidson.
Analysis of Harley-Davidson stocks
Before deciding whether to buy or sell Harley-Davidson stocks, it’s important to analyze the stock thoroughly. In the overview below, you can see how Harley-Davidson performed over the past period.
Stock prices of Harley-Davidson over the last 5 days
In the table below, you can see the stock prices of Harley-Davidson for the last 5 days:
What will the Harley-Davidson stock price do in 2023?
Curious about what analysts think Harley-Davidson will do in 2023 and the years thereafter? We have combined the prognoses of analysts with the data from Alpha Vantage. Keep in mind that this figure is only a prediction about the stock price of Harley-Davidson, and that this prediction may not come true.
- Strong brand: Harley-Davidson is a strong and recognizable motorcycle brand.
- Strong market position: Harley-Davidson has built a strong market position and has a wide range of motorcycles. Additionally, the company is internationally active, which reduces risks.
- Innovation: Harley-Davidson develops electric motorcycles, which fits within the current spirit of the times.
- Strong financial performance: the company delivered strong financial results in the recent period.
- End of dispute: a dispute over tariffs on steel and aluminium between America and Europe has ended positively. Harley-Davidson was at risk of having to pay 56%, but this is no longer the case.
- Dividend: Harley-Davidson pays dividends to investors.
What are the risks to consider when buying Harley-Davidson stocks?
- Dependence on the American market: Harley-Davidson is highly dependent on the American market for its profitability.
- Intense competition: the motorcycle brand faces intense competition from other motorcycle producers.
- Economic situation: when the economic situation deteriorates, people are more likely to postpone buying a motorcycle.
What are the biggest competitors of Harley-Davidson?
- Step 1: first, choose a stock platform to buy Harley-Davidson shares. It is advisable to compare options carefully, as transaction costs can vary greatly.
- Step 2: then deposit money into your stock account. That way, you can invest directly in Harley-Davison.
- Step 3: select the stock within your broker account by searching for the ticker HOG.
- Step 4: now enter the amount you want to invest. You can optionally use a limit order to control the price at which you buy Harley-Davidson stocks.
- Step 5: you can now track your investment results directly. Don’t forget to regularly assess whether your investment still fits within your risk profile!
Harley-Davidson is an American company that produces motorcycles. The company’s headquarters is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The history of Harley-Davidson
William S. Harley and Arthur Davidson worked on their first motorcycle in 1901. They wanted to build a motorcycle that was easy to operate and provided a comfortable riding experience.
The first models were presented to the public in 1903. The brand became really famous during World War II. Harley-Davidson then supplied motorcycles to the US army under the name Liberator.
The United States and Europe are important sales regions for the company. About 60% of motorcycles are sold in the United States. Three-quarters of revenue is generated in the US and Europe. Australia, Japan, and Canada are also essential sales regions. If you want to invest in Harley-Davidson stocks, it is wise to keep a close eye on the company’s largest sales markets.
The sale and buyback of the company
Shortly after Harley-Davidson’s initial public offering in 1965, the Bangor Punta Corporation attempted a hostile takeover of the company. The company’s startled board of directors decided to search for a suitable acquirer.
The suitable acquirer was American Machine and Foundry (AMF). Harley-Davidson was sold to AMF in January 1969.
Under the leadership of Willie G. Davidson, the grandson of founder Arthur Davidson, a declaration of intent was signed with AMF in February 1981 for the buyback of Harley-Davidson. When the deal was closed on June 16, 1991, Harley-Davidson was repurchased for a sum of $75 million.
Harley Davidson & the trade conflict
In 2019, Harley Davidson was one of the companies affected by the trade conflict between the United States and the EU. The import tariffs imposed by the EU led to a decline in profitability.
In the two years leading up to 2019, Harley-Davidson had been the target of import tariffs imposed by the EU and China. These import tariffs were retaliatory measures for the import tariffs imposed by the US on European and Chinese products.
The US import tariffs on foreign products result in increased costs for Harley-Davidson’s imported products. In 2019, the trade conflicts cost the company approximately $120 million.
Therefore, if you want to buy Harley-Davidson shares, it is advisable to keep an eye on the economic situation. If political instability increases, it may be wise to wait with your investment.
Should you buy Harley-Davidson stocks?
Harley-Davidson is a strong brand with a solid reputation, which may make buying Harley-Davidson shares interesting. However, it is important to research how Harley-Davidson performs compared to its competitors. It is also wise to keep an eye on political developments, as political tensions have cost the company a lot of money in the past.
Then, assess whether Harley-Davidson fits within your risk profile. If you are still interested in Harley-Davidson shares, you can consider an investment.
When I was 16, I secretly bought my first stock. Since that ‘proud moment’ I have been managing trading.info for over 10 years. It is my goal to educate people about financial freedom. After my studies business administration and psychology, I decided to put all my time in developing this website. Since I love to travel, I work from all over the world. Click here to read more about trading.info! Don’t hesitate to leave a comment under this article.