How to buy Sinopec Group stocks (2023) – invest in Sinopec
The oil market is enormous, and the middle class in China is still growing. This can make it interesting to invest in a Chinese oil company like Sinopec. In this article, we discuss how to invest in Sinopec Group shares .
An increasing number of countries indicate that they want to say goodbye to oil and other fossil fuels. However, it will still take a long time before alternatives really take over the market.
If you would like to buy Sinopec Group shares, you can do so with a reliable broker:
|Buy Sinopec Group without commissions. Your capital is at risk. Other fees may apply.|
|Speculate with CFD's on increasing & decreasing prices of Sinopec Group! 82% of retail CFD accounts lose money.|
|Benefit from low fees, an innovative platform & high security!|
|Speculate on price increases and decreases of Sinopec Group with a free demo!|
What is the current stock price of Sinopec?
Are you curious about the current price of Sinopec stock? In the chart below, you can see how Sinopec shares perform. Moreover, you can start trading Sinopec shares directly with the buy & sell buttons.
Corporate information of Sinopec
Below, you can see the most important corporate information of Sinopec.
Analysis of Sinopec stocks
Before you decide whether to buy or sell Sinopec shares, it is essential to analyse the stock thoroughly first. In the overview below, you can see how Sinopec has developed over the past period.
Stock prices of Sinopec over the last 5 days
In the table below, you can see the stock prices of Sinopec of the last 5 days:
- Diversification: Sinopec is active in both upstream, midstream, and downstream activities of the oil and gas industry.
- Economies of scale: due to Sinopec’s large scale, the company can efficiently utilize its assets.
- Focus on innovation: Sinopec emphasizes technology and innovation, which allows new products to be developed efficiently.
- Social responsibility: the company works on programs to help local communities, which can attract investors who consider ethics.
What are the risks of investing in Sinopec stocks?
- Dependence on the Chinese economy: more than 80% of the revenue comes from the Chinese market.
- Regulation: new regulations can put pressure on Sinopec’s profitability in the future.
- Geopolitical risks: the Chinese government’s policies can put pressure on Sinopec’s performance.
- Competition: Sinopec faces significant competition from local and international players, particularly in downstream activities.
Who are the competitors of Sinopec?
- PetroChina: this is the largest Chinese oil and gas producer in the country and operates in more than 80 countries.
- ExxonMobil: ExxonMobil is one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
- Royal Dutch Shell: this Dutch company operates in 70 countries and carries out various steps in the production process.
- BP: a multinational with headquarters in the United Kingdom.
- Chevron: this American oil company operates in 180 countries.
About Sinopec Group
The large petroleum and petrochemical conglomerate Sinopec Group was founded in July 1988 by the state from the former China National Petrochemical Corporation.
In 2018, Sinopec became a limited liability company. Sinopec Group is the largest supplier of oil and petrochemical products in China, and the second-largest producer of oil and gas in the country.
In the world, the company is the largest refinery and the third-largest chemical company. With 30,000 gas stations in China, the company is China’s largest petrol station. It is responsible for 60% to 70% of all crude oil imported by China. Currently, the company focuses on developing shale gas in China.
The subsidary of Sinopec
China Petrochemical and Chemical Corporation is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group. The group transferred a significant portion of its activities to this subsidiary.
In 2000, Sinopec had 25 refineries with an annual capacity of 130 million tons of crude oil, which accounted for approximately 50% of all Chinese refining capacity. The shares of Sinopec are listed on the Hong Kong, London, and New York stock exchanges. Sinopec Group owns 70% of the shares of this subsidiary.
Sinopec and the environment
In November 2020, Sinopec established a strategic partnership with three institutions to jointly research the peak in carbon emissions and carbon neutrality in the energy and chemical industries. Opinion leaders and experts in the fields of climate change, energy, and chemical industry are conducting research on the strategic path to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030.
History of Sinopec
The China National Petrochemical Corporation, the predecessor of Sinopec Group, was founded in 1983. This company was established to build and operate refining capacity and petrochemical production. The company took over over 90% of the refining by local governments and various ministries.
Sinopec Group, together with BP, undertook underwater exploration in Angola as the first Chinese oil company. The company also searched for gas in Saudi Arabia. In 2009, the Switzerland-based company Addax Petroleum was acquired for CAD 8.27 billion. This company, which is active in West Africa and the Middle East, is one of the world’s largest oil producers.
The company can increase its profitability with these international investments in the future, which could make buying Sinopec shares attractive.
How to invest in Sinopec stocks?
- Step 1: Open an account with a reliable stock broker.
- Step 2: Verify your account by uploading a copy of your passport.
- Step 3: Deposit money from your bank account to your broker account.
- Step 4: Place an order on the Sinopec share.
You may be wondering whether to buy Sinopec shares. Always research whether a company like Sinopec fits within your risk profile. It is wise to compare the strengths and weaknesses of the company with each other.
For example, if you are very concerned about the environment, it may be better to avoid investing in Sinopec stocks. However, if you are interested in investing in the Chinese raw materials’ industry, Sinopec may be worth a consideration.
When I was 16, I secretly bought my first stock. Since that ‘proud moment’ I have been managing trading.info for over 10 years. It is my goal to educate people about financial freedom. After my studies business administration and psychology, I decided to put all my time in developing this website. Since I love to travel, I work from all over the world. Click <a href="/about-us/">here</a> to read more about trading.info! Don’t hesitate to leave a comment under this article.